|San Jose State (18-18, 9-9 MW) vs. Santa Clara (18-15, 8-7 WCC)|
|When||Game 1: Tuesday April 19 | 6:05 p.m.|
|Location||San Jose, CA (Excite Ballpark) | Tickets|
|Television broadcasting and statistics||Western Mountain Network | Live statistics|
|Starting pitchers||Game 1: LHP Micky Thompson (1-2, 8.02 ERA) v RHP Blake Hammond (0-1, 4.63 ERA)|
|Game Notes||San Jose State|
??| @CoachFlipSJSU have your ???’s for the home game against Santa Clara tomorrow ??
— San Jose State Baseball (@SanJoseStateBSB) April 18, 2022
SAN JOSE, CA – The San Jose State baseball team (18-18, 9-9 Mountain West) hosts local rival Santa Clara (18-15, 8-7 WCC) for a single game Tuesday at 6:05 p.m. from Excite Ballpark. The game can be seen on the Mountain West Network.
- The Spartans are home for the first time since March 29 after completing an 11-game road trip
- Second year Charles McAdoo hits team-best .372 and is second on the team with nine homers, which is good for fourth in the Mountain West and a team-best 36 RBIs which is good for sixth in the MW and is third in the conference with 54 hits. McAdoo has a hit in 31 of the Spartans’ 36 games this season and has been on base every game, which is an SJSU record 36 straight games.
- Second year in red shirt Robert Hamchuk had five hits against UNLV (4/14-16) and has hits in 28 games this season. Hamchuk is second in Mountain West with 56 hits
- SJSU is tied for second in the Mountain West Conference with 46 home runs this season
- Second year in red shirt Hunter Dorraugh has 11 homers to lead the Spartans and is tied for first in the mountain west
- Second year in red shirt Dalton bowling has hits in 21 of his last 25 games, including seven hits in their last series against UNLV (4/14-16) and has seven homers, including the homer-tying game against Santa Clara in the top of the ninth inning (3/22). He entered the season with one career homer and his 28 RBI this year is second on the team.
- Second year in red shirt Brady Hill has seven stops this season, which is good for Mountain West peaks
Next series: The Spartans host Nevada for a three-game series starting Friday at 6:05 p.m. and tickets can be purchased here.