Just as Xerox has become synonymous with photocopying, WordPress has become synonymous with website development. From big brands to newbies, everyone seems to be using WordPress. This made it the most popular content management system. This popularity has led to the need for a PSD to WordPress conversion.
A website is the most important part of your digital presence. Therefore, a website is not just about design and content. It’s also about the efficiency of the technical backend work to rank it in the search engine. Therefore, it becomes even more imperative to switch to WordPress.
WordPress as a platform has a lot of features and is a very easy to use platform. Most of the tools and features can be explored and tried easily. But if you are considering a PSD to WP conversion or looking for quality support for your website, then it is better to choose a professional service.
When is it WordPress website development services come and get your help. These services can be taken by an agency or by freelancers who work on a project basis. As you embark on the journey of Converting PSD Theme to WordPress, here is the conversion process you need to know to ensure a smooth transition:
- The first step in this transition is to shrink the PSD images. In other words, when you use photoshop, it contains the images from the site. Professionals would use editing software to cut these images. A word of warning, avoid using too many images as this slows down the loading speed of the website.
- Once the images are converted, it’s time to move on to the technical side of the site. Depending on how you want the website to look, you can have the website backend in HTML or CSS. There are tools like Dreamweaver that will make this trip easy and smooth.
- Once the HTML and CSS files are created and saved, it’s time to convert PSD to WordPress. This can be done using the PSD dashboard. WordPress follows a certain file structure that you should be familiar with. Another reason why professionals WordPress website development services would be necessary.
- Choosing the theme for your website is the next step. There are two popular WordPress themes namely index.php and the other is style.css. In addition to these popular themes, WordPress offers a range of theme options. In order to be able to choose the best one, you need to know all the options, how they are used, and what benefits they could bring to your website.
- Once the technical aspect is done, that is, after the code is fixed in the file, you need to download the theme that you think is the best and download the theme using the hosting panel. You need to tweak the backend algorithms to make sure this mix results exactly the way you want it to.
- With a set of themes and tests, the penultimate step in preparing your WordPress website is to infuse the tags. These tags and features are the invisible soldiers that will ensure that your WordPress website does its job well. One tip you should know is that after infusing all the tags and features, you should save all the files in a folder that will be under your name. Once this last step is done, your website is ready for launch.
The process mentioned above is a very basic process that one should follow while converting PSD to WP. However, the process would differ depending on your specifications and the purpose of your website. If you are someone with technical knowledge, you will always feel like you could take this trip on your own. However, the fact remains that most people lack the technical understanding.
As you can see from the process above, it is clear that this transition is not as easy as it seems. It not only requires a deep knowledge of the WordPress algorithm, but also a full understanding of website development and Photoshop. So, you can get the following benefits by making use of WordPress website development services:
- Impeccable coding: like the PSD to WordPress theme conversion calls for a fair amount of technical scripting and backend work, hiring professional services would ensure that the backend work is done right. This is to ensure that there are no errors in the technical aspect. The technical aspect plays a key role in the operation of the site.
- Smooth Transition: When this transition occurs, the files should be converted to WordPress format. This, when done with a lack of knowledge, can lead to poor website performance etc. Therefore, it is very essential that this transition takes place smoothly and deeply.
- To make the website SEO friendly: The last, but definitely the most important reason is to make the website SEO friendly. A website is a key source for any business’s online preferences. It is also the main platform through which you can attract and convert your potential customers. When you switch from PSD to WordPress, you have the opportunity to improve your SEO. However, this is only possible when you enlist professional services for your help.
The above benefits and process make it clear that you need professional support. Now the question arises of how to find the best WordPress website development services that will suit your needs. However, the good news is that with the growing demand for using WordPress, many website developers have entered the market to help you with this transition.
You can either search online or search among your friends for the best possible service provider. However, before you embark on your technology transition, it is a good idea to define the purpose of your website. This makes it easier to find a suitable service provider. Once you have the service providers, explain to them what they want and get to know what they are. This will help both parties understand and assess whether the two of you are ready to work together.
Emma Watson is a WordPress developer and dedicated technical writer. Currently, she is associated with WordSuccor Ltd. – WordPress development firm. She enjoys sharing her knowledge about WordPress with others.