In the early age, children's slippers offer additional support or, ideally, reduce the risk of slipping - for example, with a knobbed sole. Don't forget: always let your child run barefoot inside to give the muscles the chance to develop without disruption.
Slippers are about nothing? Compared to normal shoes, you don't have to pay attention to anything here? Wrong thought! Parents should give enough thought in advance, especially when it comes to slippers that children wear for hours in kindergarten or school . However, if the shoes fit really well , are comfortable and, in the best case, also look good , they can be the ideal everyday companion.
When it comes to size , the search for the right slipper should be really thorough. Slippers that are too big or too tight can spoil everyday kindergarten or school life or, in the worst case, even damage the feet. It can be worthwhile to order a shoe in two different sizes . In addition, it usually works well when parents measure their children's feet and then use the respective size specifications as a guide.
House show checklist for children
- Size: The right size must be the central and most important issue when buying slippers . Unfortunately, a beautiful look doesn't help anyone if the shoe pinches or sits too loosely . So take your time, measure your children's shoes and try out several sizes if possible.
- Material: The slippers in our list are made of natural fibers , artificial fabrics or leather . They all have their advantages and disadvantages. Above all, leather is comparatively expensive, synthetic fibers are a bit easier to care for and natural fibers often provide the best wearing comfort.
- Sole: It would be best for the little feet to be able to walk barefoot as much as possible. This is of course difficult to do, especially on cold floors. Therefore, the soles of the slippers should be at least as thin and, above all, flexible as possible. In the best case, it will at least feel like barefoot .
Recommended children's slippers
What products do parents recommend?
The following selection takes five quality criteria into account: reviews, ratings, number of purchases, test marks and seals of approval.
- ✅ [100% WOOL]: This cute winter slipper for children is made from warm wool and is therefore particularly breathable and skin-friendly. It ensures an all-round healthy and ...
- ✅ [STABLE & NON-SLIP]: The solid rubber sole provides optimal support and promises absolute surefootedness for every toddler - both for the first steps and when romping around in the ...
- ✅ [PERFECT-FIT]: The slim-fit sole has a rather narrow cut and is therefore perfect for narrow baby feet. The Velcro fastener ensures flexible and quick width adjustment.
- ✅ [CARE INSTRUCTIONS]: The comfortable & soft felt slippers from Giesswein can easily be machine washed at 30 ° C. Please do not use a dryer or fabric softener.
- ✅ [COLORFUL VARIETY]: The cozy, warm children's slippers for babies and toddlers are available in many different sizes and colors - in red, pink, pink, gray, green, blue or beige.
- ✅ [100% COTTON]: The cute slipper for children was made from high quality cotton and is therefore particularly breathable and skin-friendly. It ensures an all-round healthy ...
- ✅ [STABLE & NON-SLIP]: The solid rubber sole provides optimal support and promises absolute surefootedness - both for the first steps and when romping around in kindergarten, daycare ...
- ✅ [PERFECT-FIT]: The slim-fit sole is cut rather narrow and is therefore perfect for narrow feet. The reinforced heel and the Velcro fastener ensure optimal hold, a ...
- ✅ [LEATHER COVER SOLE]: A thin leather insole offers additional comfort because it quickly absorbs moisture outside and supports a healthy foot climate.
- ✅ [COLORFUL VARIETY]: The breathable children's slippers are available in many different colors - in red, pink, green, blue, jeans, beige or orange!
- particularly light, flexible outsole
- Soft walking comfort
- Easy care
- Nice soft leather baby shoes. These baby shoes by Petit Marin are made of beautiful, flexible leather and have a protective anti-slip sole made of suede. They let the feet of your ...
- No more lost socks or shoes: The Petit Marin baby shoe has an elastic cuff at the ankle, ensuring that the shoes do not fall off or get caught by little fingers ...
- Recommended by Pediatricians: Our soft leather baby shoes are recommended by pediatricians as they provide good protection and support for little feet without the growth or movement ...
- Gorgeous designs that you and your baby will love. Our shoes are available in the following sizes: 0–6 months, 6–12 months, 12–18 months, 18–24 months. Please use...
- Our shoes should be worn in a large size. This ensures that the baby's feet are not restricted. To make sure the size is correct, please ...
- particularly light, flexible outsole
- Inner sole: softly padded, textile
- Fit: WMS - medium
Bestsellers: children's slippers
Here are the best-selling slippers for children in a bestseller list (the selection is updated daily):
What do people buy most often?
No recommendation is as credible as a verified purchase. That's why our crawlers search for the best-selling products on Amazon from every relevant category every day . We show the result in the bestseller lists.
Current offers for children's slippers
Here you will find the best available offers for children's slippers, sorted by discount (updated every hour).
We'll help you save!
Our product crawler scans all available products on Amazon every hour . The goods with reduced prices are filtered out. This selection is then sorted algorithm-controlled according to the amount of the discount . You are guaranteed not to miss any of the (sometimes only briefly) available offers.
Measure children's feet correctly
- Feet swell slightly during the day due to the strain - a completely normal process. In order to correctly measure the feet to select the shoe size, it is best to measure them in the afternoon or evening.
- The widespread method of finding out the position of the longest toe by applying pressure to the toe cap is usually unreliable , as children (especially smaller ones) usually retract their toes as a reflex!
- A shoe template is useful for measuring : Place one foot on a piece of paper and draw around the outline of the foot with a pen and cut it out. Then use the template to determine the shoe size by matching the determined foot size with the shoe size (see table below). If the stencil does not bend anywhere when smoothing the insole, the shoe size is perfect.
The additional space required for rolling the foot of approx. 1.5 cm becomes visible as a gap in the heel area when the template is pushed forward into the toe of the shoe as far as it will go.
Detailed instructions on how to correctly measure your feet or shoes can also be found on Wikipedia - “How do children's shoes fit”.
As an alternative to the template, this children's shoe measuring device can also be used:
In a research project it was discovered that 97% of the shoe sizes for children's shoes are incorrectly stated and more than two thirds of children wear shoes that are too short. For example, shoe size 30 usually only has the inside length of a 28.
The research team looked for a solution and developed this measuring device for the feet and inner length of children's shoes (millimeter scale).
And that is how it works:
- Measure feet (the plus12 automatically adds 12 mm to the foot length) and note the millimeter value.
- Measure shoes (now the plus12 works like a ruler, nothing is added to the inner shoe length): The inner length must be at least as long as the value when measuring the feet. Then the children's feet have 12 mm of play.
Children's shoe size calculator
Here is the shoe size converter that automatically converts the foot length into the respective shoe sizes (for DE / EU sizes, UK sizes and US sizes):
more on the subject
- Recommended children's sunglasses
- Recommended sun hats for children
- Recommended bathrobes for children
- Recommended softshell jackets for children
- Recommended children's jackets
- Recommended jumpsuits for children
- Recommended children's hats
- Recommended mud pants for children
- Recommended ski suits for children
- The best Halloween costumes for kids & babies 2019
- The cutest kids costumes
- The best children's shoes of all kinds [guide]
Children's clothing by age
- Popular children's clothing for 2 year olds
- Popular children's clothing for 3 year olds
- Popular children's clothing for 4 year olds
- Popular children's clothing for 5 year olds
- Popular children's clothing for 6 year olds
- Popular children's clothing for 7 year olds
Note: Last update of the affiliate links on November 20th, 2020 / Images from the Amazon Product Advertising API